I love Christmas films, especially the terrible, cheesy ones on the TV channel, Christmas24. There is something warming about the terrible acting, predictable story lines and awfully cheesy-ness of the whole films. So here’s a collection of some of the best feel-good Christmas films that you should watch this Christmas eve:
Actually Good Christmas Films
- The Grinch – For any grumpy scrooges out there who hate Christmas, this film will help you change your mind.
- Elf – This hilarious story about a human Elf will definitely lift your spirits for Christmas.
- Christmas on 42nd Street (old or new) – A little girl finds out that santa does exist, heartwarming and very cute.
- It’s a Wonderful life – ONE OF THE BEST!! This is a beautiful film, please don’t be put off by the black and white like I was for years. Watch this if you are sufering with any mental health issue that I speak about in my other blog posts. If there is only one film you watch this christmas make it this one!
- Home Alone – Finally a film without a romance. This film will make you laugh as a little boy defends himself against intruders.
- Nightmare Before Christmas – I love Tim Burton so obviously this film did not disappoint. Perfect if you like the gothic Christmas style.
Children’s Christmas Films (that you can still watch!)
- Arthur Christmas – This animated film is about santa and his family and how they save christmas, quite funny and uplifting. Worth a watch.
- The Snowman – This is a short film you can easily fit around your busy christmas schedule. With beautiful music.
- Rudolph – I used to watch this when I was younger and always remember it being so good I would watch it in the Summer.
Terrible But Great Cheesy Christmas Films
- A royal christmas – She finds out her boyfriend is a prince (of France or England, the film seems to get the two countries confused which is quite funny). Really terrible acting but the predictable ending is uplifting and cute.
- Four Christmases – Family get togethers at christmas (of course)
- Love Actually – Not one of my favourites but worth a mention, lots of confusing love triangles.
- The holiday – Two women with different lives decide to swap for Christmas and, of course, find love.
- 12 Men of Christmas – Awful acting but great.
- Battle of the Bulbs – Neighbours fight over who can have the most impressive Christmas light display.
- A Boyfriend for Christmas – Another terrible acting but cheesy and great film.
- Dear Santa – Again, see above. All these films are the same.
- Holidaze – She falls down the stairs, gets concussion and changes her mind about Christmas. Terrible but fantastic.
- Another about Santa’s daughter – I cannot remember the name of this film but I remember it being terribly great.
Have a wonderful Christmas everybody and enjoy watching these super cheesy films!